The Conservative Activist Forum
July 17, 2018, 04:57:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Republican Charter Final Draft  (Read 29467 times)
TerryCSA
Redneck Indian
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

This is a draft of the Republican Charter that we have been talking about on the forum. The information was garnered from board members and many different sources. Please read it and offer feedback, additions to, deletions of, or any structure suggestions you have. Please email me your suggestions. Then we'll do another draft and look at it to see if it is what we all want.

FINAL DRAFT 11/13/09
http://theconservativeactivist.com/info/republican-charter.html

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:51:51 AM by TerryCSA » Logged

TerryCSA
Redneck Indian
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »

Feedback?Huh???

bkt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »

I like it. A lot! There are a few minor corrections to make, and I have a couple questions, but alas no time right now to go through each and every one of them.

(The plural of Party is Parties, by the way.  Wink)

I'll write back ASAP with comments/questions.

Your system has experienced one or more fatal errors and must shut down at this time.

He who lives by the sword...should go out and get a really nice sword.
ELAIU

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 03:17:16 PM »

Feedback?Huh???

It is a great piece of work Terry ... I have to wonder how you are going to make those dipsticks in the GOP to even read it let alone sign on to it.  I would suggest that you condense it considerably .... they have short attention spans. LOL   I would figure out what you think are the most important ... like maybe adherance to Constitutional law, and not voting for anything that runs counter to that.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
Better freedom with danger than peace with slavery.

I'm willing to die to keep my guns,
Are you willing to die trying to take them!
bkt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 04:27:07 PM »

I'm good with the document as-is. But since you asked for feedback, here goes. Corrections, suggested modifications & comments in red:

Honestly, I'm not smitten with the opening paragraph. Keep it simple, say what we mean, keep other parties out of it. I kinda prefer the following. Let me know what y'all think.

WHEREAS the leaders of the Republican Party and many in the Republican Party have adopted values and implemented policies anathema to the principles and values upon which our great nation was founded, it has become necessary to codify the conservative tenets and principles that define the Republican Party. These tenets and principles must be adhered to by all candidates, incumbents and newcomers, to become (or remain) a member of, garner the electoral support of, and receive monetary support from the Republican Party and its constituency.

Omit words like "we believe". State it as fact, instead.

WHEREAS we believe that the government has neither money nor power not derived from the consent of the people;

WHEREAS we believe that people have the right to keep the fruits of their labor;

WHEREAS we believe in elected officials must upholding the U. S. Constitution as the supreme law of the land;

Clarify these things:
Perceives the need for prudent restraints upon power.

Favors reasoned and temperate progress.
On the first, the Constitution already restrains the government. I'm not clear what is meant by the second. They're probably fine, but maybe could do with a little more verbiage to enhance the meaning.

Oppose the nationalization of private industry, commerce, or banking, and oppose partial ownership by the government in any private industry or company

...further down:
The only purpose of a the Federal government is the protection of to guard the individual rights of the citizens of the United States.

Republicans must work to repeal legislation promoting behind unconstitutional regulation of private property should be repealed.

Republicans must work to repeal all laws which give license to violate the Bill of Rights, should be repealed.

(OK, here's a tangential note. Regarding this line:
Taking away people's liberties in the name of security is not patriotic.
Did you guys see this article? Holy crap!)

The ruin of great nations in our century throughout recorded history shows us the pit into which fall societies that mistake clever self-interest, or ingenious social controls, for pleasing alternatives to an oldfangled traditional moral order.

It is the job of government to protect and secure God-given rights, not use its power to take those rights away.
I'm inclined to say "natural rights" instead.

The United States should shall not be answerable to any governing body outside the United States for its trade policy.

Under Government Powers:
Support all enumerated Constitutional rights.
and
Perceives the need for prudent restraints upon power.
Get rid of these -- they're duplicates.

Republicans are guided by their principle of prudence.
Uhhh...I thought they were guided by this charter. If their personal principles mesh with the charter, we're good. Otherwise, adios RINO.

Supreme Court or and other judges will be vetted and appointed or approved based on their determination inclination to or record of to accurately interpreting, not amend, the Constitution. Judges have *no* authority to make new law.

Can you give me an example of a Constitutionally-sound public measure that is good in the short term but bad in the long term? I'm wondering if there is such a thing. Anything that is not Constitutionally sound, whether it's good in the short term or not, should never be a law, mandate or policy.
Any public measure ought to be judged by its probable long. run consequences, not merely by temporary advantage or popularity.

See politicians be forced to abide by the same laws they make everyone else submit to.
If all laws are Constitutional, would any politician object to abiding by it? I'm going to guess this is about the health-care bill and how Congress wants us to have one plan while they have a better plan. But the health-care bill is as grossly unconstitutional as you can get, so it should never be supported by any Republican adhering to this charter.
Maybe reword as follows:
All policies, taxes and regulations imposed by politicians will apply to politicians as well as other citizens.
Are we straying from the charter with stuff like this? We can say that all Republicans must do this, but we can't order folks of other parties to do it.

Congress or the White House or any sovereign State is not required to submit to unconstitutional Supreme Court rulings.
Yowza. OK, now we're waaaaaaay off the Republican Charter territory and into some deep stuff that a party can't possibly manipulate one way or the other.

Congressmen and senators are required to actually read a bill before passing it into law.
How about:
All Republicans legislators commit to reading and understanding a bill before voting on it.

Must not reward people in America illegally
Reword:
All Republicans will work to fight legislation that provides benefits to individuals who are in the country illegally

Enforce the laws that are already on the books to deal with illegal immigration.
How 'bout:
Republicans in the Executive Branch responsible for overseeing or working in the Justice Department commit to diligently enforcing all laws equally.

Fix our immigration system by first securing the border, fixing the visa and entry process and opposing amnesty in any reform."
I prefer:
Republicans in the Executive Branch will strictly adhere to Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution which ensures protection of each state from invasion by a foreign force.

OK, I'm leaving off at "JUDICIAL NOMINATIONS". I'll pick this up shortly.

Your system has experienced one or more fatal errors and must shut down at this time.

Snikks
Any man not for this nation, is against it!
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 04:31:55 PM »

The way I see it, is if anyone does not sign on is making the statement they don't have the same ideals you and I have. Those that do believe as conservatives do will happily sign on.

I'm hoping with the help of everyone we can make something of this. The thing is it will have to be sent to everyone we can possibly think of, politicians, talk radio, conservative media, of all types. From this combined effort, we reach out with sound document in the name of freedom. A signature on this charter is a signature for America.

Man I can't wait, gotta make sure the spiders and bots pick it up. Any promo  ideas anyone has, be sure to post it! Wink

About the lenghth I figure any American would be happy to take the few minutes to fully understand what it is they are signing on to. If not, well, maybe we don't need 'em anyways. LOL!

motomom (buyford)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:57:34 AM »

I like it terry very well thought out
TerryCSA
Redneck Indian
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 11:32:17 AM »

It is a great piece of work Terry ... I have to wonder how you are going to make those dipsticks in the GOP to even read it let alone sign on to it.  I would suggest that you condense it considerably .... they have short attention spans. LOL   I would figure out what you think are the most important ... like maybe adherance to Constitutional law, and not voting for anything that runs counter to that.

Whether any of them sign it or not is of no consequence. The fact that it is to be adopted as the Republican Charter as demanded by the American people with consequences established for not abiding by it spelled out. It is a "this is what we expect and this is what will happen if you don't" document.

I agree we need to be careful about getting too wordy. We don't want a Pelosi document.

This is an all inclusive document that not only covers congress, but all elected officials from the county sheriff, mayor, city/county council, judges, etc. Anyone that wants to run for elected office on the (R) ticket. So we must not restrict it to just congress.

What is legal under the Constitution may not always result in prudent actions. The levying of taxes is supported in the Constitution, but it is not prudent to overtax the citizenry.

Republicans are guided by their principle of prudence.
What may be within the bounds of righteousness may not always be the best path taken. One must be reserved and exercise logical common sense before taking action.

It is the job of government to protect and secure God-given rights, not use its power to take those rights away.
I'm inclined to say "natural rights" instead.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"
God given rights. It is important not to fall into the lefts idea of anti-God political correctness and to make sure anyone that carries the (R) behind their name agrees that the principles of PC are alien to what our Founding Fathers intended.

Can you give me an example of a Constitutionally-sound public measure that is good in the short term but bad in the long term? I'm wondering if there is such a thing. Anything that is not Constitutionally sound, whether it's good in the short term or not, should never be a law, mandate or policy.
Any public measure ought to be judged by its probable long. run consequences, not merely by temporary advantage or popularity.
What is Constitutional and what is Constitutionally-sound, can be and oft times are two different things. Levying taxes is constitutional. Refunding taxes paid by others to individuals that don't pay taxes is popular among those that receive that stimulus, but not necessarily prudent.

All policies, taxes and regulations imposed by politicians will apply to politicians as well as other citizens.
Are we straying from the charter with stuff like this? We can say that all Republicans must do this, but we can't order folks of other parties to do it.

No. We are saying that when you enact laws it must be inclusive of all and not to a few.

Congressmen and senators are required to actually read a bill before passing it into law.
BE IT RESOLVED that the Republican Party endorses and requires the following principles be strictly adhered to in ideology and actions:
Since this document is for Republicans it is implied that they will follow this mandate and when applicable insist that all elected officials do the same.

Must not reward people in America illegally
Reword:
All Republicans will work to fight legislation that provides benefits to individuals who are in the country illegally
We are not asking them to attempt to do something, we are demanding they not do something. No wiggle room for them.

Fix our immigration system by first securing the border, fixing the visa and entry process and opposing amnesty in any reform."
I prefer:
Republicans in the Executive Branch will strictly adhere to Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution which ensures protection of each state from invasion by a foreign force.
I like that. Maybe incorporate both so that it is specifically spelled out.

WHEREAS the leaders of the Republican Party and many in the Republican Party have adopted values and implemented policies anathema to the principles and values upon which our great nation was founded, it has become necessary to codify the conservative tenets and principles that define the Republican Party. These tenets and principles must be adhered to by all candidates, incumbents and newcomers, to become (or remain) a member of, garner the electoral support of, and receive monetary support from the Republican Party and its constituency.
I like  Grin

The plural of Party is Parties, by the way.
LOL Blame it on Words spell check LOL

TerryCSA
Redneck Indian
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »

http://theconservativeactivist.com/info/charter1.html

Here is a revised draft of the charter. This is not a final draft. Everything is still up for discussion. Please look it over and make recommendations.

John Adams,
Would you be so kind as to go through it and make the Constitutional notations we discussed. I leave that to you as our resident Constitutional Scholar.
Thanks!

We need to wrap this up and get it out there, soon.

bkt

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »

It looks really good. A couple things...

Regarding building a fence on our southern border, I would also add "...and closely monitor our northern border and coasts." or something to that effect. Also, on this issue, I might suggest including Article IV Section 4: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion"

Regarding welfare, the Federal government must never spend any money on anyone regardless of their ability to provide for themselves. This is outside the scope of the Constitution.

John_Adams

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 02:41:54 PM »

http://theconservativeactivist.com/info/charter1.html

Here is a revised draft of the charter. This is not a final draft. Everything is still up for discussion. Please look it over and make recommendations.

John Adams,
Would you be so kind as to go through it and make the Constitutional notations we discussed. I leave that to you as our resident Constitutional Scholar.
Thanks!

We need to wrap this up and get it out there, soon.

I tried to add/edit IN my suggestions ut i exceeded the # of characters allowed...I'll try again later to do so in smaller doses.

-John_Adams.

Being Right isn't always Popular-Being Popular isn't always Right.BE CONSERVATIVE.
WIN!
TerryCSA
Redneck Indian
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »

It looks really good. A couple things...

Regarding building a fence on our southern border, I would also add "...and closely monitor our northern border and coasts." or something to that effect. Also, on this issue, I might suggest including Article IV Section 4: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion"

Regarding welfare, the Federal government must never spend any money on anyone regardless of their ability to provide for themselves. This is outside the scope of the Constitution.

I think this is about the same thing.

Republicans in the Executive Branch will strictly adhere to Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution which ensures protection of each state from invasion by a foreign force. To include, but not limited to: fixing our immigration system by first securing the border, fixing the visa and entry process and opposing amnesty in any reform.”

What if we take "fixing our immigration system by first securing the border" and change it to "fixing our immigration system by first securing our borders."

Will that work?

TerryCSA
Redneck Indian
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »

I tried to add/edit IN my suggestions ut i exceeded the # of characters allowed...I'll try again later to do so in smaller doses.

-John_Adams.

If it is easier for you just email it to me and I'll post it in here for you.
Thanks.

John_Adams

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:18 PM »

These are JUST SUGGESTIONS.

The Charter of the Republican Party
Draft Revised
11/12/09

"A political party cannot be all things to all people. It must represent certain fundamental beliefs which must not be compromised to political expediency, or simply to swell its numbers." - Ronald Reagan, 1975

Be it known that We, the People, of The United States of America, do hereby propose the following Republican Party Charter:

WHEREAS Republicans believe in limited government, individual freedom and personal responsibility;

WHEREAS government has neither money nor power not derived from the consent of the people;

WHEREAS people have the right to keep the fruits of their labor;

WHEREAS elected officials must uphold the U. S. Constitution as the supreme law of the land;

BE IT RESOLVED that the Republican Party endorses and requires the following principles be strictly adhered to in ideology and actions:

RESPONSIBILITIES
The leaders of the Republican Party, understanding and acknowledging the rights of individuals and limitations of government, hereby swear to uphold and defend the rights of the Individual.

Society requires honest and able leadership.

Perceives the need for prudent & Strict Constitutional restraints upon power.

Favors reasoned and temperate progress.

Every congressman, senator, President, and Supreme Court justice is required to obey the U.S. Constitution.

Every congressman, senator, President, and Supreme Court justice is required to read the U.S. Constitution.

Preserve, protect, and defend the U.S. Constitution.

Oppose the nationalization of private industry, commerce, or banking, and oppose partial ownership by the government in any private industry or company.

RIGHTS
Source: Declaration of Independence and the 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th & 11th Amendment, & Article 1 Section 8.
Fisher Ames, Massachusetts Representative wrote: " The RIGHTS of conscience, of BEARING ARMS, of CHANGING THE GOVERNMENT, are declared to be INHERENT IN THE PEOPLE."

The Republican Party acknowledges the fundamental, God-Given, natural rights of all individuals, understands that violating those rights is a usurpation of power indistinguishable from that of a tyrant, and pledges never to support legislation or other governmental devices that impinge on the individual rights of the people of the United States.

Rights are principles that define man's freedom of action within society, and rights are not gifts from government, they given to us by Our Creator. Rights are necessitated by man's nature as rational beings; rights merely exist apart from any government, and are unalienable.

A society is free when it secures individuals' fundamental rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights guarantees unalienable rights to each individual and needs to be voraciously defended and protected at all times.

The right to life is the source of all rights

Republican Party regards individuals as an end in themselves, and society as a means to the peaceful, orderly, voluntary coexistence of all individuals.

The Republican Party holds that an individual's life is his or hers by right, that a right is the property of an individual.

The only purpose of a government is the protection of individual rights. Per Article 1 section 8, Article 4 Section 4.

A right is that which can be exercised without anyone's permission.

One's freedom is absolute

Since individuals have unalienable rights, this means that the same rights are held by all individuals at all times. Therefore, the rights of one cannot and must not violate the rights of another.

The right to property means that a man has the right to take the economic actions necessary to earn property, to use it and to dispose of it

The government should not take private property without just compensation.

All unconstitutional regulation of private property MUST be repealed.

All laws, which give license to violate the Bill of Rights, MUST be repealed.

Taking away people's liberties in the name of security is not patriotic.

Capitalism is a social and economic system based on the recognition of individual rights, including property rights, in which all property is privately owned

It is acknowledged that Capitalism's ruling principle is justice: the fruits of an individual's labor belong to that individual. Per The 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th & 11th Amendments.

VALUES
Source: Article 1 Section 8 & the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Amendments.
The Republican Party believes that there exists an enduring moral order. That order is made for man, and man is made for it: human nature is a constant, and moral truths are permanent.

The ruin of great nations throughout recorded history shows us the pit into which fall societies that mistake clever self-interest, or ingenious social controls, for pleasing alternatives to an traditional moral order.

Adheres to custom, convention, and continuity. It is old custom that enables people to live together peaceably.

Does not put his trust in mere benevolence. Constitutional restrictions, political checks and balances, adequate enforcement of the laws, the old intricate web-of restraints upon will and appetite--these the conservative approves as instruments of freedom and order.

The first rule of government should be govern STRICTLY WITHIN & BY THE CONSTITUTION, & to "do no harm."

Restore the parental right to be responsible in educating children.

Protect the institution of marriage.

-John_Adams.

Being Right isn't always Popular-Being Popular isn't always Right.BE CONSERVATIVE.
WIN!
John_Adams

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 09:24:22 PM »

Part 2.
GOVERNMENT POWERS
Source: Article 1 Section 8, Article 6 Clause 2 & the 5th, 9th, 10th and 11th Amendments.
In order for individuals to benefit from living together, society must respect individual rights. The sole purpose of government is to protect these rights.

A government that initiates the employment of force against men who had forced no one, the employment of armed compulsion against disarmed victims, is antithetical to the Republican Party.

The Republican Party understands that jobs, food, clothing, recreation, homes, medical care, education, etc., do not grow in nature. These are goods and services produced by individuals. Because these are produced by individuals, it is outside the scope of government to presume to be able to provide the products of the work of some individuals to other individuals. To do so would be a violation of the fundamental, natural rights of those who provide those goods and services.Per Srticle 1 Section 8, Artcile 6 Clause 2 & the 5th 9th, 10 & 11th Amendments.

The power of the federal government should be limited, as per the tenth amendment to the U. S. Constitution.

The US Government must answer only to the Constitution and the citizens protected by it.Per Article 6 Clasue 2.

The government possesses only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution and necessary for the protection of each citizen's individual rights against force and fraud. Per the 9th, 10th & 11th Amendments.

The most basic function of government is to protect life.

Government is bound and limited by law in every official act. Article 6 Clause 2.

A government official may do nothing except that which is legally mandated.

The United States shall not be answerable to any governing body outside the United States for its trade, Foriegn and Military policy.

Perceives the need for prudent restraints upon power. Per Article 6 Clause 2 & the 9th, 10th and 11th Amendments.

Three "separate but equal" branches of government that are supposed to hold each other in check and balance.

The Federal Government must return to its constitutionally enumerated powers and restore our inalienable rights.

The most basic function of government is to protect life.

Support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. Per Article 3 Section 3 & Article 4 Section 4.

LAWS/LEGISLATION
Republicans are guided by Constitution/Bill of Rights, & their principle of prudence.

The rule of law is critical to maintaining liberty. Laws must be objective in both form and substance

Objective laws are laws that confine government to its one legitimate function: protecting individual rights.

The law must forbid only such private conduct as violates the individual rights of others.

When law is clear and precise, it leaves no room for the State to exercise arbitrary power through unpredictable, subjective decisions.

Any proposed law, which cannot be formulated into an objective law, cannot be made the subject of legislation

Republican legislators will always cite the specific Article and Section of the Constitution that authorizes any bills they put forth.

No bill will be submitted that does not strictly adhere to the Constitution and keep with the principle of guarding individual rights.

Republican legislators will work to repeal laws that contravene the Constitution and/or the principle that government must always guard individual rights.

All people, regardless of position in the public or private sector, should be held equally accountable under the law.

Supreme Court and other judges should appointed based on their determination to accurately interpret, not amend, the Constitution. Judges have *no* authority to make new law.

All laws, which give license to violate the Bill of Rights MUST be repealed.

See politicians be forced to abide by the same laws they make everyone else submit to.

Congress or the White House or any sovereign State is not required to submit to unconstitutional Supreme Court rulings.

Cutting taxes and decreasing regulation are necessary to procuring a healthy Republic and guarding the rights of the individual.

Must not reward people in America illegally. Per Article 4 Section 4.

Enforce the laws that are already on the books to deal with illegal immigration.

Republicans in the Executive Branch will strictly adhere to Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution which ensures protection of each state from invasion by a foreign force. To include, but not limited to: fixing our immigration system by first securing the border, fixing the visa and entry process and opposing amnesty in any reform.

-John_Adams.

WIN!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: