The Conservative Activist Forum
July 17, 2018, 04:56:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers for Gene and Terry  (Read 12599 times)
Steph

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »

Friends, Gene had a stroke on Thursday and is in the hospital.  Terry has been by his side since then, spending nights with Gene in his hospital room.  His left side has been affected and will require physical therapy.  The plans are to move him to another facility, most likely on Tuesday, so he can begin therapy.  Please keep Gene and Terry in your prayers.  I will relay any messages to them posted here.  Terry hopes to be back online sometime later this week.  Thank you for your understanding and prayers.   

Twitter: EternalRiteWing

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." - Thomas Jefferson
bkt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »

Thanks for letting us know. Thoughts and prayers are with them both.

Your system has experienced one or more fatal errors and must shut down at this time.

He who lives by the sword...should go out and get a really nice sword.
ELAIU

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:31:50 PM »

Thanks for passing this on, I will be praying for them both.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
Better freedom with danger than peace with slavery.

I'm willing to die to keep my guns,
Are you willing to die trying to take them!
RonM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:48:31 PM »

No!  Prayers for both.  I've had two strokes in the last 3 years.  Thank God, no permanent damage from them.  The second one occurred in an area where the doctor told me I shouldn't have been able to see him nor hear him.  I've been fortunate and blessed by God and I thank Him each and every day.  I'll do my best to hook Gene up for the same deal with Our Father! 

Father we need more people like Gene, not fewer.  Please, please be by his side and give him your support and touch him with Your Healing Hands.  Give Terry all the support and comfort she needs at this time.  You worked miracles for me, Father, please do the same for my Conservative brother, Gene.  In Jesus' Holy name I pray.  Amen.

I love my country but fear my government.
ELAIU

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 07:26:53 AM »

Father we need more people like Gene, not fewer.  Please, please be by his side and give him your support and touch him with Your Healing Hands.  Give Terry all the support and comfort she needs at this time.  You worked miracles for me, Father, please do the same for my Conservative brother, Gene.  In Jesus' Holy name I pray.  Amen.

AMEN

Steph

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »

Beautiful prayer, Ron.  I spoke with Terry today and her spirits are good, despite the circumstances.  Gene is moving his left leg, a very encouraging sign.  The little physical therapy he has received is helping tremendously.  Once he is transferred to a facility where PT will be the focus, he should continue to improve.

Terry will be back online toward the end of the week.  She thanks all of you for your concern and prayers.  As updates are relayed, I will keep you informed. 

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." - Thomas Jefferson
Son_Of_Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 05:45:33 PM »

Just got back from vacation. Very, very sorry to hear this. He is too young for this kind of thing. Gene, you are in my prayers.

*The definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
- Albert Einstein
*"Our obligations to our country NEVER cease but with our lives"
      John Adams to Benjamin Rush, April 18, 1808
*Here I Stand, God Help me,I cannot do otherwise -Martin L
AmericanWoman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »

Ron that's a beautiful prayer,  amen.

III
"Nothing is an accident, everything is part of the plan including your tolerance." (HKS The Blaze, 090911)
Steph

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 01:47:46 AM »

The latest update from Terry is that Gene's spirits have improved tremendously.  Thank you so much for the prayers!!!  He is able to move his left leg and pull himself into a sitting position.  He is restricted to liquids with a thickener, as the weakened muscles have impacted his ability to control swallowing.  The doctor feels physical therapy will help strengthen these muscles.  Baby steps.  Once Gene is moved to the facility to commence PT, Terry will be back to the forum.  I will talk with her on Thursday and give you an update.  Again, thank you all for your concern and support!

Steph

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 01:46:56 AM »

Another update, friends. Gene should be going to the PT facility on Friday (or shortly thereafter), where he will stay for a couple of weeks until he is able to walk, at which time he will get to go home, returning for outpatient therapy.  His spirits continue to improve, a blessing!  Terry and Gene thank you for your continued support and prayers!!!!

Son_Of_Liberty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 07:46:50 AM »

Great News!

*The definition of insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
- Albert Einstein
*"Our obligations to our country NEVER cease but with our lives"
      John Adams to Benjamin Rush, April 18, 1808
*Here I Stand, God Help me,I cannot do otherwise -Martin L
RonM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »

Another update, friends. Gene should be going to the PT facility on Friday (or shortly thereafter), where he will stay for a couple of weeks until he is able to walk, at which time he will get to go home, returning for outpatient therapy.  His spirits continue to improve, a blessing!  Terry and Gene thank you for your continued support and prayers!!!!

Great news!  I continue to pray for Gene and Terry daily.  Thank you Lord for watching over our Conservative brother and sister! 

Ron

I love my country but fear my government.
qrayjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »

Sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways, sometimes not so mysterious. Prayers for full recovery.

Sarah Palin - the right stuff
Steph

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »

UPDATE!  Gene was transferred to the PT facility today, where he will spend a couple of weeks (3 hrs. a day) with the physical therapists.  Once he is able to walk, he will come home and continue treatment on a outpatient basis.  On Sunday night, Gene moved both his left leg and left arm, then reached out with his left hand and squeezed Terry's hand!  Both Gene and Terry are in very good spirits.  The power of prayer is working!  Terry should return to the forum tomorrow or Wednesday!

Thank you for your continued support and prayers!!!!

ELAIU

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »

OUTSTANDING!!! Cheesy Cool

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: